“How to download music from Spotify to MP3?” The answer is dialectical. Spotify doesn’t provide an official way to convert Spotify songs to MP3 yet. But you can draw support from some third-party Spotify to MP3 converter. They include the tools online, free, Android, iOS and computer.
Here in this post, we have listed several solutions to help you convert Spotify to MP3 with ease. Please check out the detail below and learn how to make it.
Part 1. How to Download and Convert Spotify to MP3 – Best Software
First of all, a highly recommended Spotify to MP3 converter is AudFun Spotify Music Converter. It is a professional and reliable tool. It can help all Spotify users download from Spotify to MP3 or other formats. And it can save the Spotify audio without sacrificing any audio quality.
Also, it can download and convert Spotify tracks, albums, playlists, and podcasts to MP3 at 5X speed. During the downloading and converting process, AudFun program is intelligent enough to preserve all original ID3 tags in the output Spotify MP3 files.
Moreover, you can extract offline MP3 songs from Spotify using either Spotify free or Premium account. So, downloading music from Spotify to MP3 for offline playback is no longer a privilege for Premium subscribers only.
Main Features of AudFun Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify music, playlists, audiobooks, and podcasts for free
- Convert Spotify to MP3, M4A, and other plain audio formats
- Preserve lossless audio quality with all ID3 tags
- Play Spotify songs on any popular and portable devices offline
How to Download MP3 from Spotify Songs by AudFun Spotify Music Converter
In the following section, we will take the registered version as a demo. And then display how to download Spotify to MP3 by AudFun Spotify Music Converter.
Step 1. Launch AudFun Spotify Music Converter for Mac or Windows. And then drag & drop Spotify music you’d like to convert to MP3 from the Spotify app to the AudFun interface. It will load Spotify songs automatically to the main interface.
Step 2. Click the top-right menu icon on PC or ‘AudFun Spotify Music Converter for Mac’ from the Apple menu bar. Then select ‘Preferences’ > ‘Convert’ to set Spotify to MP3 output format.
Step 3. Tap the big ‘Convert’ button at the bottom-right corner. Then AudFun will start to download and convert Spotify to MP3 for free playback.
1. Convert Spotify to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, etc.
2. Keep lossless quality during the converting process
3. Run at 5X high speed while converting Spotify songs to MP3 on PC
4. Detect and keep all ID3 tags and other metadata of Spotify music
5. Classify output Spotify MP3 files by artist or album automatically
1. Convert a maximum of 100 songs to MP3 in one playlist at a time
2. Free trial enables users to convert only 1 minute of each Spotify track
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 via Spotify Recorder
In this section, we will introduce two audio recorders for you to convert songs from Spotify to MP3. They are Audacity and Audials Music 2022. Now, check the detail below.
Audacity is a free and open-source audio recorder available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. With built-in advanced recording and editing functions, Audacity is a wonderful digital audio editor and recording program.
Of course, it can record audio tracks from streaming music sites. Thus, there is no doubt that you can record Spotify with Audacity for free and easily.
Here check the steps below and learn how to convert Spotify to MP3 by Audacity.
Step 1. Fire up Audacity and hit the ‘Edit’ tab from the top-left toolbar. Click the ‘Preferences’ > ‘Audio Host Box’ > ‘Windows WASAPI’ option.
Step 2. Choose the ‘Transport’ > ‘Transport Options’ > ‘Software Playthrough’ to turn it off while recording audios. Under the ‘Options’ button, please adjust the export format as MP3.
Step 3. Click the red ‘Record’ button and play the Spotify music that you’d like to record and convert to MP3. It will start recording and downloading Spotify playlist to MP3 in real-time. Once done, please simply hit on the ‘Stop’ icon to save Spotify MP3 recordings to your local computer.
1. Record music to MP3 from Spotify, microphone, or other sources
2. Convert Spotify to MP3 at no cost
3. It’s also available for Linux operating system
4. Keep or add ID3 tag info into the output Spotify MP3 files
1. It’s a bit complicated for beginners
2. The real-time recording process will take you a lot of time
3. Can’t grab metadata automatically
2. Audials Music 2022
Audials Music 2022 is an intelligent audio recorder. It can help capture any sound from your computer. You can use it to record music tracks from music streaming services and other sources. Also, it can save and output the audio tracks into more than 40 audio formats. So, you can use it to convert Spotify to MP3 and other audio file formats as you want. Besides, it can keep audio of high quality and work at a rapid speed.
Below are the steps on how to use Audials Music 2022 to convert and download Spotify to MP3.
Step 1. Download and open the Audial Music 2022 program from your computer.
Step 2. Launch the Spotify app. Then play the songs you want to record and convert them into MP3 format.
Step 3. Audials will start to capture and convert Spotify to MP3 for you.
1. Record and convert Spotify songs to MP3
2. Grab sounds from more streaming services
3. Allow to import and manage the local audio files
1. Not free
2. Only work on Windows computer
3. Not easy to use
Part 3. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Online
In this part, you can find two easy-to-use Spotify to MP3 converter online. You do not need to install any software to convert Spotify to MP3. But please note that there is a loss of audio quality during the conversion process.
1. Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder
As a lightweight and free online audio recorder, Apowersoft can record audio from many sources. And it supports lots of output formats, like MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and OGG.
After recording Spotify to MP3 online, this Spotify MP3 downloader online empowers you to personalize output info of streaming audio. You have enough for adding artwork cover, year, title, artist, genre, and more.
But for the newbies, you still need to install a small launcher on the computer to guarantee a smooth recording process.
1. Not only convert Spotify playlist to MP3, but also to WMA, OGG, etc.
2. Customize ID3 tags of recording in your wanted way
3. Free and no need to install extra software besides a launcher on the computer
1. You might get loss audio quality during the recording
2. The function of identifying music info automatically is only available for Pro version
2. Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader Chrome Extension
As the name suggests, Spotify Deezer Music Downloader is a free extension of Chrome. It has the ability to download music from Spotify and Deezer. With the latest update, it has the mean for downloading music from SoundCloud.
With this free tool, it’s easy to download from Spotify to MP3 online. You can download Spotify playlist online from the Spotify web player in your favorite Chrome browser.
1. Download 70% of Spotify music to MP3 for free
1. Serious loss of sound quality and maximum output quality at 128kbps only
2. The conversion process is unstable and crashes often
Part 4. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Free
Here we can meet another two free Spotify to MP3 converter. They are named AllToMP3 and SpotiFlyer. Here we will introduce them to you in detail.
AllToMP3 is open-source software, too. It is lighter and more user-friendly than Audacity.
It allows users to not only download MP3s from Spotify but also other popular music streaming sites. All files can be saved as 256 Kbps MP3s. It is a desktop application compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
1. Easy-to-use, and supports lots of operating systems
2. Download from Spotify to MP3 in 256kbps
3. Retain ID3 tags, album art, and even lyrics
4. The UI comes in 5 languages
1. The real-time conversion is unstable and it could make your computer hung up
2. This tool sometimes crashes during downloading Spotify music
SpotiFlyer is a GitHub project. It allows users to download Spotify music to MP3 free online. Besides, it also work with YouTube Music, SoundCloud, Gaana and Jio Saavn.
1. Free to use
2. Online tool to convert Spotify music
1. Output quality is not high
Part 5. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Free Android/iOS
How about converting Spotify music to MP3 on Android and iOS devices? No worry. Here we will show you how to make it.
1. Fildo (For Android Devices)
Fildo is a free Spotify to MP3 converter for Android. It can help download high-quality MP3 audio on your phone. You can download this app from the Google Play Store on your mobile phone.
Now, check how to use Fildo to download from Spotify to MP3 on Android.
Step 1. Download and install the Fildo APK from its official website.
Step 2. Launch the Fildo app on your Android phone.
Step 3. Click on the ‘More’ option and then choose ‘IMPORT SPOTIFY’.
Step 4. Sign in to your Spotify account. Then Fildo will load your Spotify tracks from the library.
Step 5. When loading the tracks, then hit on the dots icon near the track. Then Fildo will start to download Spotify to MP3.
2. Easy to operate
1. Doesn’t support iOS devices
2. Errors occurred sometimes
2. Siri Shortcuts (For iOS Devices)
For iOS devices users, you can use Siri shortcuts to download from Spotify to MP3. To begin, please check whether you had installed the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
1. Unable to download over 30 songs
2. Can’t download a specific song from Spotify
Part 6. FAQs about Spotify Music Download
Q1. Can I Download Spotify Music on My Computer?
Yes, if you are using the Spotify Premium plan. There is a “Download” button at the right of your Spotify playlist name. Simply press it, and you can download songs in your playlist for offline playback. But you can’t download the individual track directly. You need to create a new playlist to add individual songs for download.
Q2. Why Is a Spotify to MP3 Converter Needed?
All Spotify songs are under protection and encoded in unique OGG Vorbis format. You can’t locate and transfer Spotify downloads to the devices that don’t have a Spotify app. With an excellent Spotify to MP3 converter or online freeware, you are can listen to Spotify offline on all devices without limits.
Q3. What’s the Output Music Quality of Spotify Downloads?
Free Spotify users are limited to 96kbit/s on mobile devices and 160kbit/s on desktops. Paid users can stream at speeds up to 320kbit/s. A powerful Spotify to MP3 converter like AudFun can retain the original quality of Spotify music. Yet, some free Spotify MP3 converters can’t.
Part 7. In Conclusion
We have introduced the top 9 methods to convert Spotify to MP3. Up to now, you must have learned how to get offline Spotify MP3 files. In general, the AudFun Spotify Music Converter is your most recommended tool due to its variety of features and proficiency levels. Audacity is also a good choice. As for other free online software, if you don’t mind the loss of quality, you can use them as well. You can now choose the tool that suits you to download Spotify to MP3 audio files for playing anywhere.