Q: “Is there a way to download and convert Spotify to MP3? If the answer is yes, what the detailed tutorial is? Audio files I have downloaded using Spotify Premium are not compatible with my MP3 players. Thus, I am looking for some solutions to download Spotify songs to MP3.”
The answer is dialectical. Spotify doesn’t provide an official way to convert ‘Spotify to MP3’ yet. However, you can draw support from some third-party Spotify to MP3 converter software or online tools. To avoid unnecessary hassle, we have listed 5 solutions that still work to help you convert Spotify to MP3 with ease.
Part 1. Download Spotify Songs to MP3 – Best Software
First of all, a highly recommended Spotify to MP3 converter is AudFun Spotify Music Converter. It is a professional and reliable tool designed to help all Spotify users download Spotify songs to MP3 or other formats without sacrificing any audio quality. There are many Spotify to MP3 converters claiming to do the same thing on the market. But AudFun Spotify Music Converter stands out with its excellent and powerful functionality.
By adopting the latest coding technology, it can download and convert Spotify tracks, albums, playlists, podcasts to MP3 at 5X speed. The highlight of this feature is more efficient than the recording way. During the downloading and converting process, AudFun Spotify Music Converter is intelligent enough to preserve all original ID3 tag info in the output Spotify MP3 files.
More importantly, you can extract offline MP3 songs using either Spotify free or Premium accounts. Put it another way, downloading music from Spotify to MP3 for offline playback is no longer a privilege for Premium subscribers only.
Main Features of AudFun Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify music, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts for free
- Convert Spotify to MP3, M4A, and other plain audio formats
- Preserve lossless audio quality with all ID3 tags
- Play Spotify songs on any popular and portable devices offline
How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3
Step 1. Launch AudFun Spotify Music Converter for Mac or Windows and drag & drop Spotify music you’d like to convert to MP3 from the Spotify app to the AudFun interface. It will load Spotify songs automatically to the main interface.
Step 2. Click the top-right menu icon on PC or ‘AudFun Spotify Music Converter for Mac’ from the Apple menu bar to select ‘Preferences’ > ‘Convert’ to set Spotify output format as MP3.
Step 3. Tap the big ‘Convert’ button at the bottom-right corner to download and convert Spotify to MP3 for free playback.
1. Convert Spotify to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, etc.
2. Keep lossless quality during the converting process
3. Run at 5X high speed while downloading Spotify songs to MP3 on PC
4. Detect and keep all ID3 tags and other metadata of Spotify music
5. Classify output Spotify MP3 files by artist or album automatically
1. Convert a maximum of 100 songs to MP3 in one playlist at a time
2. Free trial enables users to convert only 1 minute of each Spotify track
Part 2. Convert Spotify to MP3 via Spotify Recorder
Audacity is a free and open-source audio recorder available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. I bet many of you have heard of it. With built-in advanced recording and editing functions, Audacity is a wonderful digital audio editor and recording program.
Of course, it’s also available to record audio tracks from streaming music sites. Thus, there is no doubt that you can record Spotify with Audacity for free and easily.
How to Record and Convert Spotify to MP3 via Audacity
In the following section, I will take the registered version as a demo, displaying how to download Spotify songs by AudFun Spotify
Step 1. Fire up Audacity and hit the ‘Edit’ tab from the top-left toolbar. Click the ‘Preferences’ > ‘Audio Host Box’ > ‘Windows WASAPI’ option.
Step 2. Choose the ‘Transport’ > ‘Transport Options’ > ‘Software Playthrough’ to turn it off while recording audios. Under the ‘Options’ button, please adjust the export format as MP3.
Step 3. Click the red ‘Record’ button and play the Spotify music that you’d like to record and convert to MP3. It will start recording and downloading Spotify playlist to MP3 in real-time. Once done, please simply hit on the ‘Stop’ icon to save Spotify MP3 recordings to your local computer.
1. Record music to MP3 from Spotify, microphone, or other sources
2. Convert Spotify to MP3 at no cost
3. It’s also available for Linux operating system
4. Keep or add ID3 tag info into the output Spotify MP3 files
1. It’s a bit complicated for beginners
2. The real-time recording process will take you a lot of time
3. Can’t grab metadata automatically
Part 3: Convert Spotify to MP3 – Online Solutions
In this part, you can find two easy-to-use Spotify to MP3 online converters here. You do not need to install any software to convert Spotify to MP3. But please note that there is certainly a loss of audio quality during the conversion process.
1. Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder
As a lightweight and free online audio recorder, Apowersoft can record audio from a computer sound card, microphone, or both. And it supports lots of output formats, like MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and OGG.
After recording Spotify to MP3 online, this Spotify downloader online empowers you to personalize output info of streaming audio. You have enough for adding artwork cover, year, title, artist, genre, and more.
But for the newbie, they still need to install a small launcher on the computer to guarantee a smooth recording process.
1. Not only convert Spotify playlist to MP3, but also to WMA, OGG, etc.
2. Customize ID3 tags of recording in your wanted way
3. Free and no need to install extra software besides a launcher on computer
1. You might get loss audio quality during the recording
2. The function of identifying music info automatically is only available for Pro version
2. Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader – Chrome Extension
As the name suggests, Spotify Deezer Music Downloader is a free extension of Chrome that has the ability to download music from Spotify and Deezer. With the latest update, it has the mean for downloading music from SoundCloud.
With the assistance of this free tool, it’s easy to convert Spotify to MP3 online. You can download Spotify playlist online from the Spotify web player in your favorite Chrome browser.
1. Download 70% of Spotify music to MP3 for free
1. Serious loss of sound quality and maximum output quality at 128kbps only
3. The conversion process is unstable and crashes often
Part 4. Convert Spotify to MP3 for Free
As a matter of fact, the aforementioned Audacity could also fit in this category. But we can meet another Spotify to MP3 free converter here. It is lighter and more user-friendly than Audacity. AlltoMP3 is open-source software, too.
It allows users to not only download MP3s from Spotify but also three other popular music streaming sites. All files can be saved as 256 Kbps MP3s. It is a desktop application compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
1. Easy-to-use, and supports lots of operating systems
2. Download music from Spotify to MP3 in 256kbps
3. Retain ID3 tags, album art, and even lyrics
4. The UI comes in 5 languages
1. The real-time conversion is unstable and it could make your computer hung up
2. This tool sometimes crashes during downloading Spotify music
Part 5. FAQs about Spotify Music Download
Q 1. Can I download Spotify music on my computer?
Yes, if you are using the Spotify Premium plan. There is a “Download” button at the right of your Spotify playlist name. Simply press it, and you can download songs in your playlist for offline playback. But you can’t download the individual track directly. You need to create a new playlist to add individual songs for download.
Q 2. Why is a Spotify to MP3 converter needed?
All Spotify songs are under protection and encoded in unique OGG Vorbis format. You can’t locate and transfer Spotify downloads to the devices that don’t have a Spotify app such as iPod Nano, portable MP3 players. With an excellent Spotify to MP3 converter or online freeware, you are free to listen to Spotify offline on all devices without limits.
Q 3. What’s the output music quality of Spotify downloads?
Free Spotify users are limited to 96kbit/s on mobile devices and 160kbit/s on desktop. Paid users can stream at speeds up to 320kbit/s. A powerful Spotify to MP3 converter like AudFun can retain the original quality of Spotify music, while some free Spotify MP3 converters can’t.
Part 6. In Conclusion
We have introduced the top 5 methods to convert Spotify to MP3. Up to now, you must have learned how to get offline Spotify MP3 files. In general, the AudFun Spotify Music Converter is your most recommended tool because of its variety of features and proficiency levels. Audacity is also a good choice. As for other free online software, if you don’t mind the loss of quality, you can use them as well.